THE BIG DAY IS HERE!!!!

Today is the day I am actually getting to go to Europe.  I hope I have everything I need!  We left for the airport at 3:45 am.  There was no traffic on the road!  When we got to the airport we met up with our group and got my passport.  Our leaders lined us up to check in.  It was the last time I would see my suitcase we got to Europe!  After everyone checked in, we gathered together before we went through security.  This was when we said goodbye to our parents.  This is when I felt most unsure.  I gave mom and dad big hugs and told them that I would be ok. 
Here I am with my friend, Savannah, at SeaTac airport getting ready to leave

Our flight to New York left on time.  We were all awake and excited.  Once we got to New York, our next flight was delayed. 
Photos from our lay over in New York, courtesy of one of our leaders, Gayle Bluhm.







We had over 6 hours in New York and we were only supposed to have 2 hours.  We finally left for Zurich.  I really wanted to sleep on the plane, but I couldn't.  I got the curse of not being able to sleep on planes. 




No comments:

Post a Comment