7/11/11 Ardez and Scuol, Switzerland

Today we went to Scuol to explore the city.  We were given a scavenger hunt to complete as we walked around the city taking pictures of landmarks.  The city was GORGEOUS!  For the scavenger hunt, we were in small groups without the leaders.  My group had 6 kids in it.  We were given a sheet of pictures and we had to find those places in the city.  Each picture had a question/riddle that we could answer once we found it.  We had three hours to do the scavenger hunt. Here are some pictures I took during the hunt.
 My friend, Savannah






 The beautiful Inn River


During the scavenger hunt we stopped at grocery store.  I bought this Swiss chocolate bar.  It was super good! It tasted like a Nestle Crunch bar, but without the rice.  I brought the wrapper home.  Here's a picture.
After the scavenger hunt we had lunch.  This soup was really good.  I'm not sure what kind of crackers were in it, but they weren't crunchy.  At home I never eat soup, but I loved this one!
There was also spaghetti with meat sauce, which I also don't ever eat at home.  It was OK.

Dessert was a raspberry ice cream which was good too.

After lunch we went to the Swiss countryside where we worked on a People to People service project.  We cut down and sniped tree branches to add to a maze.  The maze is for fun for families who can't afford a lot of entertainment.  People to People groups have been working on this maze for about 5 years.  It was very cool, but it was scorching hot outside!




We headed back to Scuol to do some shopping, but I didn't find anything I couldn't live without.  Dinner was assorted meats and fries.  It was good. 

Germany tomorrow - night night!

No comments:

Post a Comment