7/27/11 Going home

This morning we were waiting at our hotel for our bus.  When it didn't show up, Mathias called and was told that it went to the wrong hotel and couldn't make it to us in time to get us to the airport. I was worried we wouldn't make our flight, but we ended up using a shuttle bus that was free for kids under age 14.  We were running pretty late though and just barely made the flight after we got through customs.

I wish I could have stayed in Europe longer.  This trip really went by too fast!

As usual, I couldn't sleep on the plane.  By the time we landed in Seattle, I was very impatient to see my family, but exhausted from being awake so long.

As we started to get closer to our families at SeaTac, I could see a sign with my picture and name on it.
Once all of the families saw us, a cheer went up in the crowd.

I heard Makenna scream my name and she came running to me and gave me a big hug.

All of the students and their families were hugging all around us.

 Next was a big hug from my mom.  She was crying when she saw me! 



Mom told me that on the way home I started mumbling my words and then fell asleep.  I don't remember any of that though.

At home there was a sign hanging in front of the garage that a bunch of my friends and family had signed.  That made me feel pretty special.

We unpacked a little and I gave Makenna, Mom, and Dad their gifts.  They really liked them!

I went to bed that night and slept really well.  I didn't have much trouble adjusting to the change in time back home.

I had an amazing trip, the trip of my lifetime!  I want to thank all of you who supported me and believed in me.  I really don't have the words to thank you enough!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Kaitlyn!
    Remember me? It's Bob, your driver during the PtP tour. Your blog is absolutely great! The more I read of it, the more I miss you all and te time we had!
    You and Savannah were the greatest on the PtP tour.

    Please mail me, but ask your parents if it's ok. My mail adress: bobkristel@yahoo.com
    Hope to hear from you soon!

    Bye,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete