7/20/11 The Hague, the Netherlands and Belgium

Today started really rough because we had to get up early. We toured the Peace Palace.  The Peace Palace is where international disputes are settled.  I really liked that many countries had given gifts to make the Peace Palace more beautiful.  My favorite one was the fountain of seals and polar bears which was a gift from Turkey.  I also liked the statue there that was made from melted weapons.


No pictures were allowed inside except at the fountain.


A bad thing that happened at the Peace Palace?  I tripped on the stairs and cut my leg open.  There was a lot of bleeding and no paper towels in the bathroom.  I didn't have any band aids either.  I had to use my extra sock to stop the bleeding and thankfully one of the leaders had band aids.  It's going to leave a scar so that I can always remember the Peace Palace.

Next we drove to a beach where it was so beautiful and perfect.  I got my shorts all wet and wrote this in the sand.

Lunch was a picnic.  We drove to a Dutch windmill park and went on a short bicycle ride to our picnic spot.
There were lots of windmills and they were so tall and beautiful.



We played soccer with some local players.  It was 4 v. the 44 of us.  We won, 2-0.  They told us that the previous group had lost.  I loved it here!

Last for today, a drive to Bruges, Belgium.  I can't wait for waffles and chocolate!

No comments:

Post a Comment