7/16/11 Goodbye Ulm, hello Heidelberg, Germany

After breakfast this morning the whole Brosch family took Sulvanna and me to the school where we meet up with the rest of the group.  It was hard to say goodbye to them and I cried.  I am going to miss them as much as I miss my real family, but I had a nice stay.

We took our bus to Heidelberg, which was a really long drive. 

In Heidelberg we broke up into small groups and had a scavenger hunt.  This time we had a list of things to find and figure out.  One of the things we had to to was find a specific local restaurant and a local person to translate the name of the restaurant into English for us.  Here are some pictures from the scavenger hunt.



 One of the things I found most amazing was how beautiful the cities here are.  I LOVE the architecture!





This monkey was one of the things we were looking for during the scavenger hunt.  I wonder how many faces have been here before mine.

 I thought this was a funny name for a restaurant.





 Savannah, Valerie, and Brittany.  These were the friends I spent the most time with on my trip.
We got back on our bus and headed to a birds of prey show.  We saw all sorts of birds, but my favorite part was when I got to hold a Golden Eagle.  It flew a short distance from the trainers arm to mine.  I was surprised that it was so heavy.  I held it for about 30 seconds.




This is one of our leaders, Mrs. Bluhm.  She was also my elementary school P.E. teacher and leadership club advisor.

 Bob, our bus driver, with a bird on his head.
We had dinner at a restaurant in Heidelberg.  I ate a really good chicken pizza.  Sorry, no pictures.  I forgot to write down or take pictures of most of the rest of my meals on the trip.  We got really busy. 

Last up, sleep at our hotel in Heidelberg.  Good night!





No comments:

Post a Comment