7/9/11 Zurich and Ardez, Switzerland

We finally arrived in Zurich.  It was morning when we got here and I still haven't slept since I left home.  I am REALLY tired!  We took a small train to baggage claim and my bag was there.  I was so happy since my mom had told me that airlines often lose your baggage when you go overseas. 
 This is a funny sign I saw at the Zurich airport.  I think it meant - don't run or you will fall down the stairs?

We went to a really nice bus where we met our local delegation manager, Mathias, and our bus driver, Bob.  The bus took us to our first stop, lunch in Switzerland.  On the way to Switzerland, we had to drive onto a train that took us through a mountain!  It was such a small train that Mathias and Bob had to take off the mirrors on the bus to fit!


Loading the bus onto the train.
 The views were amazing.

We stopped for lunch where we had noodles with beef in a delicious sauce.  I almost fell asleep at the restaurant.  It was a pretty place.


We arrived at our hotel in Ardez and it was gorgeous!  The views from our balcony were spectacular.
 The town was really cute.
I really liked the cobblestone
 Most of the houses had these cool etching on the outside.

 This was a water fountain in town that we used to fill our water bottles with water from the Swiss Alps.
My hotel room keys
After settling in, we went on a short hike to the old watch tower which was used as a defense when troops attacked.






Dinner (lasagna made by the hotel staff) and bed.  It's been a long hard day, and I am really tired so I'm sure I will get a great nights sleep.

1 comment: