7/22/11 Paris

I have been looking forward to today for what seems like forever!  I woke up excited and quickly threw on some clothes so we could get on the bus and go to the Louvre, the biggest museum in the world.  I can't believe I'm actually in PARIS!  On the way to the Louvre we spotted the Eiffel Tower again.
Stupid bus got in the way of my perfect shot!

The police cars in France seemed sleek and polished compared to the ones in the U.S.
We saw gardens and fountains too.



Finally, the Louvre!

Glass Pyramid


The top four things for me were Venus de Milo which was OMG tall!
Winged Victory of Samothrace
The painting of the coronation of Napoleon's second wife


and the Mona Lisa.

This is the best picture I could get of me and the Mona Lisa.  She is behind glass to protect her from flash.

Many of the paintings were huge, but the Mona Lisa was teeny tiny!  She was beautiful and amazing though.  I am so grateful that I am in Europe staring at the real Mona Lisa.  WOW!

I also really liked these things








I felt like we were rushed through the Louvre.  I'd like to go back some day and spend a lot more time.  I was excited to head to our next destination though.  Lunch, and then the Eiffel Tower.  Lunch was this yummy chicken bacon ranch pizza.


I have been wanting to go to the Eiffel Tower since second grade.  The EIFFEL TOWER!!!!  The weather was cold and rainy.  The Eiffel Tower was taller than I expected.  When we were at the base I was thinking that it felt a little like Seattle if you exchanged the Space Needle for the Eiffel Tower, and the surrounding buildings were much older. 









To get to the top you have to take three elevators, one to go up the leg, next to go up to the platform, and lastly, one to go to the top.  Once we got to the top I just stared at the gorgeous view.  Absolutely stunning.  It was such a surreal moment and I loved every minute! 

Here is the view after the first elevator.


The view from the top.




soccer match going on while I was on the Eiffel Tower



I was so sad to have to leave the Eiffel Tower.  I hope to go back one day.  I really love Paris!

Thank you to all who donated.  This trip is so amazing and I am so grateful for all of the help I received to get here!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time at the Eifel Tower, rain and all! I am so glad you liked it, since you were looking forward to that the most!

    ReplyDelete