BEFORE THE TRIP

This blog is dedicated to all of my family and friends who helped me go on the trip of my life.  I don't have the words to thank you enough!

I've been chosen for the trip of a lifetime, but I'm not sure our family can afford it.  My 4th grade teacher, Mr. Hewitt, recommended me for the trip.  It's with a group called People to People.  I would be gone for 20 days and go to 6 countries, England, France, Germany, Belgium, Switzerland, and The Netherlands.  My mom said we can go ahead and try to raise the money but we may or may not be successful.  I guess I'll give it a shot!

January 2011 -  We have only raised less than 1/2 of the money.  My mom says we should cancel now so that we can get most of our money back.  She called Kris.  He encouraged her to not give up.  He told her it would still be possible.  I'm glad he talked her into continuing!

March/April/May 2011 - I wrote and mailed a fundraising letter to lots of family and friends.  I can't believe how generous people have been!  Some people gave me donations of $1000!  I feel so special!  I can't believe I will really get to go to Europe.

I am really Excited to go to Europe.  I am most excited to see the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre.  All of the new foods I am going to try sound delish and I can't wait to try them.  The thing I am worried about is my host family stay.  What if they don't like me?  I am super excited and a teeny weeny bit nervous with a dash of unsure.  I really want to buy a beret in Paris!

JULY 7 (Night before I leave) - I went to bed early, but am having lots of trouble sleeping.  We have to wake up at 2:30 am to be at the airport by 4:30 am.  Tomorrow is the big day!

No comments:

Post a Comment