7/18/11 Cologne, Germany and The Netherlands

After our late night yesterday, I was tired when we got up today.  We ate breakfast at our hotel and went to see the Cologne Cathedral.  It was beautiful.  I took a lot of pictures!

Mrs. Bluhm took this one.


 I wish the streets in Marysville were like this.  I saw lots of neat cobble stone all over Europe.




 The lion on the door to the cathedral reminded me of lion heads I have seen in movies.

Like the Ulm Cathedral, the Cologne Cathedral had a bunch of stained glass windows.  They are just so beautiful to me!

Savannah took this picture.
I took these.


The wood work and pews were pretty ornate too.


Outside there were interesting fountains and people!

 This guy was a human statue who would take a picture with you for money.
There was also a magician outside of the cathedral.  He call the four of us over to him and he performed some tricks for us.  He waved a wand around and tapped the top of his hand and said, "bunnies".  He opened his hand and there were some bunnies in it (not real ones).  I gave him a tip.

We looked around a little in Cologne before lunch.  This was when I used an ATM for the first time.  I needed more Euros to buy suspenders with the German flag colors on them.

These doughnuts were kind of neat.  They were fruit filled and there were PILES of them.  I didn't get one because I don't like fruit filling.

Photo courtesy of Mrs. Bluhm


After the cathedral, we had lunch at this restaurant.  It had a lot of pictures on the walls.

I feel really special knowing that I fund raised a lot of the money to come on this trip.  It feels good that I am actually in Europe.  I still can't believe it!

1 comment:

  1. hey my train stopped at Cologne on the 19th on my way to Frankfurt. I guess I missed ya by one day.

    ReplyDelete